Bee venom

Bee venom is produced by young bees in the first two weeks of life. Once produced, the poison is found on the bee's abdomen, where it remains for the rest of its life cycle or until the situation when the bee has to defend itself, releasing it to the enemy through the sting.


The poison bag contains about 0.3 to 0.5 mg of bee venom of very complex chemical composition.Bee venom is a secretion of the bee's masticatory system, and its basic natural purpose is to protect the bee and its community from enemies. It is a thick liquid with a very characteristic odor and a bitter, sour taste. In the Kur'an there is a text about bee venom that reads: "From their bellies is a liquid that is medicine for humans."In folk medicine, it is used as a counter-rheumatic drug, and more recent studies on the use of bee venom in treatment show that bee venom has the effect of relieving pain, lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol in the blood, increasing work capacity, and more.Bee venom also protects the body against infectious diseases, it is used to treat inflammation of the joints, various neuralgia and acute inflammation of the blood vessels. Bee sting treatments are specifically described. Bee venom and the use of bee sting is an accepted part of basic medicine. Bee venom is known to be about 30% more active than, for example, snake venom, but it should be known that snake venom enters the body in much larger quantities by the bite of a snake. ( a bite of a viper, for example, equals a sting of approximately:350 bees).The effects of high doses of bee venom have not been fully investigated, but it is thought that 300-400 stings for the average person is a lethal dose. It should be borne in mind that these are just assumptions and the actual lethal dose of the sting depends on many factors and varies from person to person. In people who are in daily contact with bees - beekeepers, examination has shown that there are no pathological changes in the organism after a series of stings.

Knowledge about bee venom so far suggests that it is an extremely valuable beehive product that is sure to be talked about a lot. The production of large quantities of bee venom became possible only after the discovery that the bees respond to a weak electric shock by releasing a drop of poison.The effects of poison on humans alone depend on several factors such as: the location of the sting, the amount of poison injected into the body, the sensitivity of the organism to the bee sting. So, in some people, very serious consequences can even be caused by death, while in some individuals a bee sting results in a poorer body response than a mosquito bite.  Of concern is the fact that an increasing number of people are prone to various allergies, including the honeybee, which is still harmless in most cases.